Posts by Gianus#COM

Governors can't directly be invited into an alliance, they automatically join the alliance of their king.

You can only invite a governor into your kingdom if at least 1 of their villages falls within your kingdom's borders. You can expand your kingdom by building Active Treasuries in your villages. More about active treasuries, influence and all that stuff here and here.

And by that I mean reviving. Is there any way of knowing / calculating beforehand how much it's going to cost to kill him and then revive him? Mine is at 20 health which makes him as useful as a sack of potatoes. I'd like to kill him off instead of waiting for his slow-*** health regeneration to kick in.

He who talks disrespectful at his troops, be it the Hero or the Clubswinger or any troop, will never achieve greatness in the game of Travian. Shame on you!

--
    Sorry for the necropost. Didn't realise this topic was that old.. :S

Do the Shoes of the Chicken only work for your own troops or do reinforcements (as long as the number of reinforced troops is under the limit) also evade the attack when your Hero is wearing them?

EDIT: Guess I and 221 Praets had to learn the hard way..
    For anyone wondering, it only works for your own troops. Not only that, but only troops that are trained in the defending village (excluding the Hero, ofcourse) will evade the attack.

Claiming farms isn't a good idea ever.

I agree with Daniel that the clearer should have some "free play" on a farm, but once some time has passed others will attack a new farm as well. Claiming it (as in letting players you are allied with NOT attack village X) only means that you are allowing the opponents to take resources that could have belonged to your alliance/SS/Kingdom/etc. if you hadn't claimed it.

I like your other idea of having more options to mark a field (like for an SS or even your Kingdom on top of your alliance).

I've asked this on the Dutch forum, but I haven't gotten any response yet.

After the v0.36 update, I feel like the merchants sending me my tax resources have gotten 3-4x slower than compared to before the update.
    Is any other king experiencing this? I haven't found anything in the Changelog about it.

The best thing you can do is upgrade your Capital to be to a City before switching Caps. That way your CP-production won't be reduced (It'd increase by 200/day), your Cap will be a City (which you'd generally want) and you wouldn't have to worry about upgrading your first village (which you ultimately wouldn't want to have as your Cap), since upgrading your first village after settling a second one is also generally the best thing to do.
    If that makes sense...

Kings have to watch out though, as having more Cities means having less active Treasuries.

Thanx for the answer. So is there any way to increase area of my duchy? I've already connected all oases I could reach.

As Georgi said, you've already reached the limit, as your village has a population of +1000. Thank god Oases didn't generate an influence after Com2..

This is the maximum area a village with an active treasury can generate:

The influence bonus gained from treasures in the treasury is really only important once 2 or more villages with an active treasure from different kingdoms have influence over a particular field/village. Influence is calculate with this formula:
    (1+treasure bonus)*population/distance

If 2 or more villages with an active treasury from different kingdoms have some influence on some field/village, you just compare the influence of one kingdom on that field//village to the influence of the other kingdom(s) on that field/village and see which one is higher. Here is where the treasures in the treasuries matter.

Hey Gianus,
    are you suggesting that the robber attacks are displayed in grey next to the 'real' ones? The image itself doesn't say much :)

Kind regards,
    Georgi

I thought it did, but yeah, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. :P
    I'm getting tired of having to check all the attacks just to see which ones I should be concerned about and I'm sure other people in very big alliances share the same thought.

Hello,

Decided to air my suggestions here on the forums, maybe have some feedback or possibly receive explanations why my suggestions suck.

1. "Main Building" in queue. If you queue up the Main Building, followed by any other construction order, the percentile reduction doesn't take effect of what is queued afterwards.

Very easy to work around if you have multiple master builder orders.

Upgrade MB
    Que anything that takes a few minutes and wouldn't make a difference anyway
    Que the thing you want the reduced time for

As the title said, I abdicated as a king to be a governor of another king "A". I already demolished my treasury and it has been 24 hours.

Say "B" was my governor before abdication, he has already became a part of A's kingdom. Weird thing is, I am still not. It's like A's influence border stops right before it reaches my block. The distance between me and A is 4x1 blocks, while the distance between A and B is also 4x1 blocks.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Or did I miss something?

I've noticed similar things in the past on NL1 and although it makes for some nasty situations and I'm pretty sure is a bug that needs to be fixed, the best thing you can do right now is the following:

• Crown yourself King again
    • Do NOT activate your treasury
    • Ask King "A" to invite you into his alliance
    • Abdicate

Once a King abdicates, he should become part of the nearest kingdom, should he not have been in an alliance with any other kingdom(s). If the King is in an alliance with at least 1 other kingdom, he'll become part of the nearest allied kingdom at the time of abdication. I'm pretty sure that isn't bugged and works 100% of the time.

If this were a bug, it probably would have been hotfixed long ago.

It's probably a new addition to kingdoms. A good one, may I add.

Hello,
    just tested all the codes and they work fine. Please note that you have to use the village/cell/alliance ID, not their names,probably that's why it didn't work for you.

Kind regards,
    Georgi

Yep, works with the ID-numbers. Thank you!
    And couldn't this be told earlier? >_>

I've noticed that as well.
    It could be a bug, but I think they've intentionally done that, as alliances and villages often get destroyed/deleten or have their name changed and when any of that happens, the generated link will become void or something...

I'm not sure actually..

Whaaat? Another blind spot for the Govs??? RockumSockumRobot!!!

Nope, that would explain everything. Thanks again DH...I am beginning to hate being a gov just because of all the blindness, they should change the name Govenor to Mushroom Cyborg - it would be more apt.

So if a king cannot collect before an attack because the treasury isn't big enough, is there no place for the treausures to go besides the attacker? if there is a Duke around, could he attack for the treasures? Could a regular gov attack for the treasures?

Governor: Giver of various easily renewable number of resources (?) (aka a farm but not a farm.. Perfect name!)

Even is your treasury can't fit any more treasures, letting them disappeear is better than having one of your opponents take them. Any king should always empty the tribute fund before an enemy attack lands.
    If a Duke attacks, I'm pretty sure the treasures will go into his treasury. If another Gov attacks, the treasures will be moved to his tribute fund, which can in turn be collected by your king.

Attack the village that's holding your hero captive and hope it doesn't die while being freed (because some amount of the freed troops will die), or send the player that's holding him captive an in-game message requesting the freeing of your hero. And don't forget to be friendly! n_n

And let's be really creative and make female units have a cycle, where they can fight on day 1 and 2 after being trained, have their speed and capacity drop on day 4, 5 and 6, have them be incapable of doing any fighting at all (not even defending) on day 7 and 8 only to let you gain 1 population on the 9th (because of reasons..). Then on day 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 they gain some amount of speed and capacity back each day until their speed and capacity is fully restored, only to have this cycle repeat again.

Also, each day during a "period" of 6 hours let them rage. What this means is that if you send them to any location, they'll do whatever they want no matter if you send them as reinforcement or raid or whatever. They randomly choose what they do during this "period". If enough of the females (say 1/4th of the total amount of females you have) gets into this rage-mode at the same time, they'll accidentally kill 1-5 troops. If like 1/2 of all the female troops go into this rage-mode one of your buildings will drop a level because they've decided to smash it to bits and in the case of a city 1/6 of those 1/2 raging females will drown in the Water Trench because they got into a fight with other raging females.

And to top it all off, why not make an incoming attack of females be colored pink in the Rally Point?