Posts by Scorox

It's a big disappointment to don't see the battle of 4uma and Order.I think Order doesn't want to win.So why do they merge with Codex,for second WW or were they afraid of us ? :sleeping:

Astonished how such clueless comments can be voiced by the leadership of any top 6 kingdom. My guess is however that your words here are not spoken in confusion about the situation, rather in frustration that your armies wiped. But seriously, you go and kill your good hammers on a previous allied (together with your allied DEF) who you were fighting 4uma together with .. then you act surprised as to why there are no OFF action taken against 4uma? It's just so clueless that it hurts..

And if we want to win this server we have to hit 4uma but the right time is important.

Ha! .. the use of words like "We" .. and implying that we should cooperate to take down 4uma? .. Are you realizing how you come across speaking like this after you lost your hammers attacking an allied who was fighting 4uma? .. You sir screwed up, and that gave 4uma like 400% larger chance to win the server.. and now you act all surprised. I hope the server realize that what ever happens, UNKNOWN does not deserve the victory after this.

one of the biggest operation of com1 to 4uma organized by us. We destroy their hammer village. so this writing is ...

on the other hand, we dont use treasures of someones to win. we take them with blood;)

you can use this way. it is not wrong. but we call it "Meta".

Again, you are flattering yourselves. Let it be clear, no one will remember you guys more than some random turkish kingdom who do not have what it takes to win or challange the leader.. So you are just flipping tables irrationally according to your emotions. Sad to see, had higher thoughts of you.

i think you didn't understand our policy. we created this kingdom against all META teams. A or B it doesn't matter. Be relax and try to fun;)

we will be here:sleeping:

So with this logic you have labelled Stars, 4uma and NewOrders as metas? What about Reborn? And you do not consider that your 'policy' is ensuring the largest meta (4uma) having a free win?

It really does not seem like a policy to fight metas you have.. More like a glorified excuse to flip the table without much care or thought about the implication. Don't flatter your self with that you 'are fighting metas'.. it does not fool anyone.

The politeness above.. Its not waranted really. What a mindless and irrat move by unknown... did you simply give up on trying to win the server and hoping to secure the Rank 2 spot? Baffled by how easy you gave up your chances to win Com1.

Hello guys

we agree connecting with others is important and a lobby messaging system is already on our list of features to be implemented. We don't have an ETA at this time but will keep you posted whenever there are updates :)

Scorox Actually members of our team replied to many threads like this one, you can always check with the help of the forum search engine ;)

Best regards

Georgi

Thanks. Sorry, I just meant that we have never gotten any clear reply on whether this will be implemented or not ... at least I thought so (my apologies if I was wrong). Where was it announced that this feature will be implemented?

Best,

Scorox

Wow, this is the total nightmare for an OFF-coordinator :P ... if I remember correctly you cannot either send or land during the Night Truce.. if there are these 2h peace/2h normal intervalls.. essentially half of the villages on the map will be impossible for you to attack. In short, this is just a nerf to OFF in general as less players can participated in coordinated attacks.

Another thing to consider is that a EC + Imp army make maximum use of Bandages. So if you are a heavy gold spender and Duke/King .. EC + Imp may be a viable option for continuous attacks... even if your activity in terms of raiding is not good. One should have in mind that a poor raider usually reach the maximum upkeep they can afford rather quickly as Teuton .. so for none-farmers and non-King/Duke Romans are a venue for reaching a rather strong OFF army.

If you check the wiki 3 EI.s will get +45 ATK +45 DEF from the weapon, meanwhile 2 EC-s will get +40/+40 that is what I meant as a horde bonus. That might seem insignificant but quickly piles up.

Look at it this way. 27/24, 36/32, 45/40 are all 1.125, meaning EI-s get 12.5% more increase from hero weapon. This is even more true during the early game when Romans dont have enough resources to raise the Horse Drinking Pool to max level.

Aha, I thought you meant the "Size Bonus" when writing "Horde Bonus". My bad.

But still, even when accounting for the Hero Weapon ECs have about 12% larger Atk/time than EIs. So even the extra buff from Hero Weapon EIs gets compared to ECs do not help them to get better than ECs in terms of atk/time.

First: I didn't check your numbers. Whether they're correct or not is irrelevant, because you're asking the wrong questions. It is completely irrelevant, whether EC are better than clubs in terms of any offensive point. You do not have the decision between EC and clubs. You have the decision between Imperian + EC + Ram vs. Club + TR + Ram.

• Roman EC hammers (with that I mean Imperian + EC + Ram - this will count for analogue cases in the following aswell) are the second best hammers in the game, in terms of attack force per time. And attack force per time is the one single stat, that is relevant for hammers in most cases. You want to train hammers quickly, because unlike defense you can't put two hammers together to fight as one.
    • There may be an exception for WW hammers, their supply might be hard, so you might want to look at supply aswell, but wait, roman EC hammers excel at fighting strength per crop consume, being the best hammer in the game in this term.
    • That one does not build EC as defense unit should be crystal clear. I will not explain in depth why, it's just obvious, they suck at deff. But so do most offensive units. EC just don't suck completely as def, so some people build them as def, whyever.
    • You also don't really want to farm with horses if there are so many farm spikers around, like I heared it in com to be the case. One could opt into training EI in a support village for farming only, but that's another topic. So their carry capacity doesn't matter that much. Maybe a bit, if one is taking the risk of being spiked, but farming with Imps should be better there. Can't speak from too much experience here though, I always opted into either a support village with farm-EI or into a tertiary off with EI (EI's attack force per time is only a few percent below EC's, so it felt okay-ish to do so for a tertiary).
    • Troop speed from off units is mostly irrelevant, you usually send your rams with them. Maybe if you want to bash clubs or a clubhammer you send EC only, but that's ... rare. But yes, that point is somewhat valid, EC's speed is bad.
    • Resource costs don't matter too much aswell, EC off costs roughly 8% more than an EI off, but that's only around 2k resources per hour. You will be able to afford this anyway, also your hammer's supply will quickly cost way more than it's production anyway.

EC hammers excel at the one important off stat, and this is what counts, which make them a very good off unit. Other stats are ... interesting to read, but compared to attack force per time kinda irrelevant. Especially for the main hammer, like I mentioned, for a secondary or tertiary hammer one can opt into EI for farming.

By the way: You CANNOT make ANY conclusions without HDT. HDT is THE building for romans, if you train roman off, you ALWAYS have one. Calculating without one is useless. Also, calculating with level 0 units is nonsense, for the very same reason. You always upgrade your hammer to level 20.

Great post. Cover it all. Except maybe that EIs makes the best Ghost Hammer in the game. This balance between movement speed and atk/time is great.

you are right but when calculating with the hero weapon it is better to have 3 EI than 2 EC

Better in what way? What I meant there was just that the "Horde/Size Bonus" does not have anything to do with the number of attack units. Hence the choice of 3 EI vs. 2 EC is not affected by that. I think the most useful way to this about the EI vs. EC comparison is this:

EI's are better in: Atk/Cost (including crop upkeep), More suitable for Ghost hammers due to their speed, Better at farming due to speed and capacity.

EC's are better in: Atk/Production time ... and having #1 Atk/Production time in the game makes them a really Great OFF unit.

You must have made some error in your calculation. ECs have the highest Atk/(training time) in the game. Ye, they even beat clubs.

Also, the size bonus does not apply to the number of units, but rather the total Attack power of your OFF army.. so its not correct that you rather want 3 EIs than 2 ECs to get advantage of a ”Horde Bonus”.

Yes ECs are expensive, but if you can afford it you can enjoy training ECs with the knowledge of that you are training the unit with the highest atk/time in the game.

One more thing that should be considered regarding this proposal.

Not every location will now be viable as a a good 15C capital. Oases Bonus will still be a key determinant when deciding were to place your capital and start increasing the number of Farmlands. So there will still be contested locations on the map ( Sheila ).

Thanks for sharing @Starx !

I still wonder though if there are some kind of "spill-over" mechanic that pushed some people choosing a certain quadrant over to the adjacent quadrant if the one they choose is to "full". This is at least what I remember happening on one server to the team I was in.

CODEX will be there. We are a small team of friends (Mainly North/West Europeans and a couple from Saudi Arabia) .. you can PM us in game if you are looking to play in a smaller team with experiences players.

No mate. Be2 wrote "North means basically "more in the positive y direction than in any x direction". This is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is completely different.

And you are saying: "And when you select North, you can end in all Northern places:" .... well yes this is what I'm saying. But the argument here is about where the North is. And to this point I wanted to prove you wrong.

you also say: "We did many tests last year choosing 'East' and we ended up in East (area 50/0)" ... some times you will end up here according to my theory. But according to my experience this is still the "theoretical south". BUT, if you did in fact choose East and got placed in (+ X/- Y) .. then I am wrong I guess. According to my experience you should never get -Y selecting East.

Robbel & Be2-e4 . My experience differs from what you are saying. Each time I have selected North I end up towards the -50/0 WW .. either a little bit or a lot to either the "left" or "right of the line drawn between the -50/0 and the 50/0 WW. Similarly, when selecting south I have in the past always ended up towards the 50/0 WW. So my conclusion was that the North/South axis was between these 2 WWs.

Just to double check my past experiences I registered on COM4 and COM5 just now. I selected North. Here are the results.

My conclusion: (in terms of [Xcoord / Ycoord])

North: [ Negative / No Restriction]

South: [ Positive / No Restriction]

West: [ No Restriction / Negative ]

East: [ No Restriction / Positive ]

This means that you are placed in a "Half" of the map.

Dear all,

Sheila have started a Vote in the thread: [discussion] 15cropper – your feedback is needed

Since this thread now is closed I make this new thread to allow us to ask a few questions.

To kick it off, here are my questions.

a) What is a main village? Do you mean a capital?

b) Assuming that you mean main = capital .... what the **** is going on? Obviously you cannot remove the option of making your 15C your capital? .... I'm speechless.

c) Sheila could you please promote to the community to go and vote in the [Farmer Building] - Vote for 15C game mechanic thread? Some times the community may in fact have some good ideas..

Sorry for appearing as an annoying complainer attempting to back-seat drive.. its your game. But don't you see that removing the option of making a cropper your capital removes 90% value of a cropper? You have previously stood your ground saying that 15C's should be something rare and highly contested... this new idea goes directly against this statement. I'm also kind of confused to why you choose to name it "main" instead of capital, and why you closed the thread. Anyway, speaking out of frustration, please excuse me.
    Thanks.