Posts by LordBolton

I agree, the whole concept of unions is failing because of the non-replaceability of the kings. If a king merges early game and quits in between, the kingdom is now broken as the vice-king can no longer leave the kingdom while the governors are free to do so. A king from a premade in com1x3 tricked a king to enter a merge and immediately deleted xD.

I guess they can give us the normal 1 king game back with 10k treasures per new treasury rule. That should be good instead. The 10k rule adds some new dynamics to the game and decreases the WW dependence.

unfortunately, those hammers don't mean much, some of them were on abused servers and some of them were on local servers that have much less players than com servers which means less action in whole game round.

P.S.: Also, speed servers' hammers mean nothing imo, no offense :)

Take the time to appreciate a good player sometimes :) Building those hammers requires a LOT of experience, dedication , activity , team work and Time. Some of the hammers above have come REALLY close to the theoretically highest possible numbers.

And sometimes, winning in a normal speed server with a lot of experienced players against noobs with really low activity means nothing imo, no offense

@Georgi , I think its a websockets issue. All the data vi ajax calls are working properly but the chat, attack notifications which work via websockets are not working because the connection is being broken often. The whole chat window goes white because the websocket connection was broken. Maybe , the number of websocket connections is being overloaded so its forced to reset? That would be a good place to start digging. I dont think ISPs are the issue as everyone I know from across the world is facing this issue. ( Maybe the ISP being used for Travian Kingdoms is at fault (logical conclusion) )

game companies rely on more reliable sources than their forum population to tell them about the future of their games.

yea. this thought is what screwed travian anyway. Look at the number of players in the new servers. A lot of very good players ( people who spend a lot of money too) i know have left the game due to this attitude of the company. If you were talking about a "Hit" mobile game doing awesome on play-store, this line would have made sense. In Travian kingdoms ofc, you have only the Serious players and gold whales contributing most at the gold-store. And most of the serious players are forum users. (If you were a serious Travian player, you would have known this fact and would not have said this line) .... When a company does not take its community seriously, it is bound to lose in the long run. but i am sure travian is probably not looking for long-term hehe

I have been following the forum for a year now. I have seen great ideas floated by the community, they had invested lot of thought proposing changes to Game mechanics. and every time , there was an update, the issue was further deepened and made no sense. ( Top 10 VP stealing rule , etc ) . The sad part is , there was not even a single comment by any of the dev/commnity manager regarding the ideas. I get it, its your game and you make the rules and you release servers with new ideas but why not , introduce the idea to community first, take feedback, then, go back to implementing the ideas. Since the community is smaller than most of the other MMO based games , surely, you would want to retain the player-base you have. But that's just my thoughts.. sorry for the big rant

Right now there are a whoppin' two programmers and QA's sweatin' their asses off to get this feature live the next weeks, and that's pretty much all the resources this small team can afford

we dont need to hear what your dev team is suffering with... Frankly speaking, we dont care. We have paid for a product which was not delivered. Now, now, Dont say this

It's really annoying that the button ain't done by now, but it's absence should not ruin the gameplay or annihilate strategies?

REALLY? As a game designer, that has to be the worst line you can come up with. Don't try to hide behind generic statements like that. Yes, without the merge , we never had access to attacks on our mates in the other kingdom which we could have responded well with otherwise. Usually, the 2 kings who are friends go to 2 kingdoms to merge later. One collects VP while the other makes big armies to destroy enemies. Now, with this whole delay due to unfinished product , the strategies have been ineffective aside from the fact that the 2 kingdoms have been existed as separate entities even if they were supposed to be one. Don't You think that the whole gameplay , the feeling of being in the same kingdom is lost in this whole drama of merger.?

GOLDEN RULES :
    If you are not ready to deliver, Do NOT PROMISE to deliver.
    If you want to experiment, Experiment as a TEST server, not a production server
    If you didnt deliver results , Apologize and take corrective measures to make it right (give the gold bought by players who played a TEST server instead of a real server)

but premeditated teams use this as advantage, so while we have 54k treasuries we have 7 active treasury, some kingdoms at 59k treasuries have 12 active treasury. all know about whom I spoke.

Transfering treasures to get new treasury slots have been used by many teams before... This is not the first time it has happened.. Dont talk about it as if it was cheating :) Its just some were clever to understand the game dynamics and plan ahead and you simply couldn't come up with such a plan. If you had information regarding this, you would have transferred treasures among friendly kingdoms within a blink of an eye.

regarding giving the gold back, completely agree with it... Its a pity not even a single person from dev team replied to this thread with some useful information.

very irresponsible behavior from the dev team.... what is wrong in giving an updated timeline? or the current situation so the players are prepared..... is this how you provide service to your customers, people who have paid for this server.... really bad.... not even one post accurately talking about what is really going on... i would admit i like this game too much to try any other mmo's out there... but i would definitely not recommend newbies to choose this game over several alternatives.... this is classic example of a company which does not give much thought or care about its own game community..... SAD!

Now i can kinda guess why the TEST server is 1x and not 3x as usual... They did not have a merge feature ready to be implemented... So, they wanted more time which they could get only by having a 1x TEST server instead of a 3x as they would get more time to develop the feature. Now, they gambled against the new game worlds thinking they would be able to deliver on time but sadly, they look to failed the deadline of delivering by 30 days server time of the comx server ... WP

Some people specialize in spiking farms and enjoy this aspect of the game as much as you enjoy raiding them.

As much as i would hate to admit it, i have to accept that it is indeed an efficient method for really active defenders to fight back against really active raiders :) plus, if you are raiding really far away areas and the players near the farm feel bad as they had cleared the farm and would want to reap benefits while someone far away sends 2 clubs frequently stealing all your work...... the only effective weapon to stop those hungry raiders is to spike the nearby farms..... This aspect of the game is here to stay as much as the aspect of a greedy farmer raiding all map :)

I have checked this just yesterday with various simulations in Combat simulator and agree with everything Jallu said.

Unlike your def bonus, hero weapon applies the buff to all the troops in that village (not just yours!).

Just to clarify above line, If each defender has "Short sword of legionnaire" , the powers dont add up... each legionnare defending that village (your troop or otherwise) will get only +3 bonus per legionnaire instead of +6 .. however, If there is a "Short sword" and a "Long sword" , the higher bonus is applied to all the troops...

I use the friendlist feature often. I use it to show my online status to my friends only.. I have always encountered the rpoblem of spies within kingdoms. So, i usually show my online status to my friends only and add most of my core team to friends always :)

I think the idea of introducing friends in lobby is a great idea and will help in building good pre-made teams in travian kingdoms servers.
    I would definitely like to use the in-lobby friendlist feature for sure!