Posts by Harbinger

Ye i was hyped for somethign fancy too, maybe a 5x speed, or even an international tournament server?

Turns out its something without depth or competition.

so you build smithies in every village to 20 and upgrade every def unit to 20 there? its not that easy but nvm i will stop argueing here :) romans def are best and gaul def is just bad :D

Their primary def (phalanx) is outclassed by romans and teutons (I calculated it once, if you have a combination of pretorians & spearmen, you get the strength of 107 phalanx with 100 units) and their off is just garbage. ^^

training time also outclassing romans def building possibilites (+ no real cavalry def unit) against fast building phals and druid/heads so romans def style is the worst you could choose

If i remember correctly there was a time when the kings could do something like this no? i think it was a tax or something like it

ye kings could set taxes to low normal or high, but now everyone and every kingdom has zero option to set priorities by game mechanics itself.

When i see topics and disussions about 2h night truce and 2h without,

or hear people say every player should have their own night truce its making me sad.

Years ago there were already very nice ideas which would implement depth to the game.

I looked into archives and quoted an interesting opinion / thread which should be worth thinking about:

Towards a game evolution ...

From Mar 20th 2015

Hello, hello

(Following a post of The Maniken on the .de forum - translated, adapted and modified)

The Maniken propose those points, and I think some are good, others less :

I. Introduce a politcal system

The King may choose a domination form :

• Conqueror : crop consumption lessened by 10%
    • Builder : constructions duration lessened by 20% and cost by 10%
    • Democracy : 10% less tributes + 25% culture points for the governors

II. Laws

The King may legislate :

• Forestry : wood production increased by 15 % for governors
    • Mining : iron production increased by 15% for governors
    • Vigilante : +10% defense in the whole kingdom

III. Infrastructures

The King may invest in infrastructures to increase the speed of merchants inside the kingdom, but also the troops.

Changes should go into this direction, dont you think?

because i like the way that everything should be possible to maximize the possible options to increase difficulty and fun.

nobody should feel safe and very active people should benefit more than people who just idle troops etc on their cap and go afk for days, this should be punishable.

This topic makes me curious though. How exactly does the gamedesign imagine this game to be played? Or, to be more specific, how exactly is it supposed to be played according to their thoughts? Are they intending the changes, they cause? Or are they just coincedental? Maybe one should write them a guide on how the game is currently played. I mean, no offense intended, but from what I know, GD could be doing some maths, calculating roughly "hm, ok, an average 15c has level 14 fields, who builds a second warehouse anyway, and 75% crop bonus, this makes 30k production with plus. If we forbid 15c capitals, it's still 25k production with all 14 and three 25/25% oasis. hey, it's not that bad and peopls complain about 15c being pay to win anyway all the time, come on, let's do it". I mean, I'm quite sure, that nobody from TG expected rubble-settling or menhir-settling to become a thing after the corresponding changes. Hm, I just realized, that I would be very interested in a official TG video in which they show the steps and thoughts an idea / game change / design idea / whatever in depth and detailed.

if i would be the TK dev team manager i would invite like 5 people like you who are always playing for years and are active part also in the forums to improve the game with their knowledge and ideas that developers dont have because they dont have that much time to play. (win-win-situation - dev team can chill / dont have to think about bad new ideas and people who know the game very well can see their ideas maybe implemented)

I'm against any dual opportunity, it would make the player/accounts less active (at least not 24h).

So they are more vulnerable and good teams will be needed to cover times when king/dukes are sleeping or jsut give king/dukes dual right.

The Game would be more interesting and also harder for all players instead making this game more and more PvE and easier / more boring with every update.