Posts by Bobo_COM

I like the fact that there is no truce on normal worlds and you get the challenge of attacks at any point. I'm Europe based, and I might sim the nighttime truce world, just to get the achievement, not cause it is something I'm particularly interested in. But I guess don't knock it till I try it. So UTC time nighttime truce would be best for me. :)

I do like the idea Devil, but like Philbaaa pointed out, people could abuse that system without extra limitations to it. I don't think a time limit to lock something makes sense, as you can't determine how far away a robber camp might be, and offense players might very well be able to take several camps at once as the first senders with actual amounts needed for the camps. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Possbily a troop amount limit could work, but sometimes especially near the end of a game, people might send lower amounts of offense which they don't mind being wiped out, as they want to use them up and need the stolen goods to crank out def. I did that myself recently at the end of a server. So I'm not sure that is the best solution either.

However, I fully agree that the incoming waves need to be shown on robber camps on the mobile app. I could say a lot more about the mobile app, but if this one thing in particular would be changed on it, it would make so many people's lives much easier. And, if that is fixed, then the only other excuse that people have for undercutting on robber camps is if multiple people send at the same time on a robber camp. I believe it takes 30 sec (on speed server, maybe more on normal server) for that attack to show up on the camp. I'd suggest having an attack show up immediately on a camp. Fix those two things, and there would be no excuse for undercutting...and then people who do, will be found out, and kingdoms can deal with members not following rules/etiquette. But I've gone through the trouble of asking others on mobile which camps are open, and it is a pain...so please fix the mobile app to allow us to see incoming attacks on camps. :)

May 15th 2017−2
    Hey together
    that has been suggested before, but currently there are no plans to make it happen. There are a lot of challenges such as the fact that duals can be dismissed at any time and it would also be hard to determine fairly how much points does each one of the duals deserve.
    If you really want to increase your prestige points and earn new shiny stars/badge you have to play your own avatar

Best regards
    Georgi

How about the solution that was mentioned before. If someone is a dual for 90%, or even 100% of the server, then give them the medal at the end. I'm going to dual regardless of it for an upcoming server. But it would be nice to have the victory medal at least. I don't care about prestige points, or any other achievements as a dual, just would be really nice to have the kingdom medal/badge.

I'm going to be dualing for the first time this upcoming server. I hear that Duals don't get team achievement at the end. I've known a lot of duals who work just as hard if not harder for a kingdom, and it would make sense to me that at the very least a dual should get the kingdom achievement at the end. I can see that other personal achievements don't get counted, as most duals are experienced players already. But it would be disappointing to get to the end of a server that your kingdom won, and not get the achievement to even show you were there with your kingdom, much less that you won. I imagine the vast majority of duals are very interested in this particular change... :)

Adding to this thread...

I would like to bring this topic up again. We are starting a new server and our SS is already pretty big. In big kingdoms when they first start out, I've seen friendly fire time and time again. Often new players bear the brunt of this, but it is frustrating for everyone on the team. One thing that would be a huge help would be to add extra functionality to the Mark Field tab/window. It would be awesome if there could be an option there for marking all the members of an SS in a particular color. It would be fine to just use the same color palate as the other markers. The one difference I'd ask for is that only 'me' can see it, and don't allow for others to see SS field marks. After all, it should remain secret.

But the way it is currently set up, it is too much of a secret. One has to look through 20 pages of the SS register to see if a player is with the team or not. Either do that, or take the time to mark every single player in the SS every 2 days and be constantly checking to see if a new player has joined the SS; which is tedious and not at all practical. I believe adding this feature will encourage new players to keep playing by avoiding costly friendly fire at the beginning of servers. Keeping new players in the game is a win for you as that will mean more players purchasing gold.

Thanks for taking into consideration

I would like to bring this topic up again. We are starting a new server and our SS is already pretty big. In big kingdoms when they first start out, I've seen friendly fire time and time again. Often new players bear the brunt of this, but it is frustrating for everyone on the team. One thing that would be a huge help would be to add extra functionality to the Mark Field tab/window. It would be awesome if there could be an option there for marking all the members of an SS in a particular color. It would be fine to just use the same color palate as the other markers. The one difference I'd ask for is that only 'me' can see it, and don't allow for others to see SS field marks. After all, it should remain secret.

But the way it is currently set up, it is too much of a secret. :) One has to look through 20 pages of the SS register to see if a player is with the team or not. Either do that, or take the time to mark every single player in the SS every 2 days and be constantly checking to see if a new player has joined the SS; which is tedious and not at all practical. I believe adding this feature will encourage new players to keep playing by avoiding costly friendly fire at the beginning of servers. Keeping new players in the game is a win for you as that will mean more players purchasing gold.

Thanks for taking into consideration

I'm on COM2. I've been hoping to relocate my spawn village. This is especially the case since my first king wasn't very inactive; got replaced by a more active king. The 2nd king was banned, and I'm now not in the influence of any kingdom. The relocate icon has come up several times already at least 5 or 6 times. Every single time it has come up, it offers no relocation options at all. Instead it says: "There are currently no free starting locations available nearby. This may change over the next few days. Please try again later."

This feels like a bug and is very frustrating, because I see lots of other players on the map who have relocated. I can understand if it came up like that 2 or 3 times, but to happen 5 or 6 times is too much. I deleted all my cookies earlier and the same message just popped up again. Please help, I'd really like to have some options, and if this is a bug, I'd really like an option close to the (50|0) WW where my friends are. It is a bit frustrating when I'm counting on at least having some option to move somewhere from where I'm at, but not getting any options at all.

I've included a screen shot of the latest one. I use Microsoft Edge as my browser...maybe that is the problem. :)

And as an additional caveat, the relocate is working and gave me two options on the first try just now on COM2x3 where I only have one villa. Perhaps the bug is on COM2 server only.

Thanks,
    Bobo

I'm a def player and usually play Gaul, but have tried Romans before briefly, and have sat for an experienced player who had roman troops. They need of Iron, that was the big thing I remember. And Praetorians seemed to be the best defense, as they seem to have the best infantry defense / crop consumption of all troop types in the game (right? Correct me if I'm wrong). When playing as a Gaul, I would keep enough offense, (Swords and TTs) to keep up with robber hideouts and camps. Then spam phalanx. So I'm thinking as a Roman def player for my style, make enough offense (Legos? and ECs?) and then spam praets.

For my style of play, I'm thinking of keeping enough Legionnaires as my offense infantry unit instead of Imperians. My primary reason for that, is because the Legionnaires do have decent cavalry defense, and once I get to the big attacks on WW stage of the game I can essentially use my offense at that point as a halfway decent defense. I realize this will mean I'll have higher crop consumption, because there will be a lot more Legos needed to have the same attacking power as Imps. But I still think that trade off is worth it as a def player.

But I'm not sure what offense cavalry unit to make. EIs are cheaper and quicker to make and are better at farming and less crop consumption, but the ECs have better def stats and better attack power. I'm thinking of going with ECs, as I can also use them as halfway decent def at the end of the server, but I don't know if the reduced crop consumption and faster speed and carrying capacity makes EI's much more easy to manage the crop consumption. I also do rely a lot on farm lists using TT's as a Gaul player...and maybe that means EIs would be a better fit for me, as they are better at farming. If I end up with at least twice as many EIs at the end of a server compared with ECs, the defense would overall be better with the EIs. I'd appreciate any recommendations from experienced Roman players. Especially def players who also like to keep enough offense for robber hideouts/camps and possibly only for raiding as well.

Lots of lagggggg.....takes 10 seconds for something to drop in the queue slot after clicking on it. Village center when on crop view is like doing some sort of little jittery jig. :) Chats and personal messages don't come up unless I refresh the page. Often times when I first bring it up, kingdom isn't shown for players, and a couple times old attacks which had finished were still showing up. All the servers I've been on have had issues lately, but this one seems to be the worst. I know you are working on it, but just letting you know, another frustrated player, and wouldn't pay money for this server. (Using Microsoft Edge as browser, maybe that is the problem... :))

I like what you've done to the communities tab. It is nice to be able to see many more names of who is in my kingdom now in a single glance. I think the quests tab looks a bit bulky compared to what it was...but hey, maybe it will help people who have a hard time seeing. :)