One of my biggest peeves with the current state of kingdoms is that there is no way to force a king to abdicate.
If by bad luck, your king happens to be a complete idiot, your team is stuck with him for the rest of the server, unless he is willing to abdicate on his own.
The only other option left is to found a new kingdom, in which case you lose all VP and the 30-kingdom merge limit is reset, so you're basically stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I'll give an example,
on the current server I'm playing, our neighboring kingdom is led by a semi-inactive king who logs in once every several days, does absolutely nothing for his kingdom(besides occasionally demanding deff when he's under attack) and habitually lies to his own fellow team-mates. His dukes were good players, and we wanted to merge with them, hoping someone could finally convince him to abdicate or he'd go inactive. Eventually, everyone got fed up, declared a new kingdom and started catapulting him to zero.
Does it make any sense that this king, who is being catapulted by his own dukes and governors, should remain as king no matter what? And that all that VP should go to waste along with the 30-day merge limit?
I think there should be a intra-kingdom political aspect to travian, where one of the dukes can declare a rebellion against the king and auto-found a new kingdom which will,
1. Retain some of the VP from the old one corresponding to how much %age of total treasures he and his allied dukes held.
2. The kingdom's age will same as the old one(since it's just a rebellion in the old kingdom to install a usurper king)
3. Every other duke will receive a choice to side between the old king and the usurper, and they will join that kingdom without treasury needing to deactivate.
4. Governor's also get a choice who they want to side with if their villages lie in territory belonging to both.
4. Both sides will have a special casus belli that allows them to steal VP from one another so that if one side can capture all treasures, they take all VP of the pre-rebellion kingdom.
For post-union kingdoms, perhaps rebellions can be led against kings by vice-kings and dukes or vice-versa, I'm not sure about this as I haven't played much in these conditions yet,
Historically, kings were always threatened the most by their own vassals & subjects, less so from other kings.
With a system like this, we can finally have a system of accountability between the king and his dukes.
So plz give your thoughts guys, what do you think?
Are there any flaws? Can this idea be improved somehow?