Posts by leo#EN(19)

If I recall correctly, the maximum "storage" of an oasis is 50 * number of animals and their production depends on their type (for instance, 25% crop oasis produces more crop). Don't quote me on that though.

The reason I say not always is because there are times people clear an oasis for hero experience or cages but don't send troops to take resources.

Yes. If you have scouts it's easy to send a scout to see how many resources have built up in an oasis. Usually the more resources, the more animals but that isn't always true. It depends on how long it has been since it has been raided.

Hm, unpopular opinion, which I mentioned somewhere else once: One needs some sort of way to balance gray farming. If spikers couldn't exist, it would be a riskfree and costless way of gaining resources, which looks rather overpowered. Spiking however sucks as a way of balancing, that's out of question.

I'm really tired of people complaining about spiking. I've never done it but I think it's perfectly valid. If you want to raid resources so badly, raid active villages. If you can't raid, build an economy. This game doesn't need to be scripted and allow only one strategy of raiding+paying to the top. If raiding were significantly hampered on a server then people who adapt would be benefited most. This is supposed to be a strategy game so people need to stop complaining about a tactic and beat it or adjust.

Is there any way to turn notifications off for a certain server?

I think the community used to be better back in the T3.5-ish era. The reason I say that is their was a lot more server analyses, trash talk, drama, and rumors about what was going on back then. For the com servers at least, there is nothing. The com2 forum reminds me of that a little but even that is just one thread. No weekly updates and there is no reason for there to be. The game has changed in a way that there are 5 kingdoms far away from each other that are building around a wonder, sometimes attacking to steal treasure. The game is predictable and doesn't really require a community to play. There isn't really a political dimension anymore. And the community seems basically dead. People clearly read because the crossword puzzle thread was popular. But participation is very much lacking.

I think that there are game mechanic changes that are needed to support a community-based gaming experience but I'll stick to the forum feedback as you asked. Gold based on popular posts sounds like a great idea. Even if it is a low amount and tiered. 1 gold for 10 liked, 3 for 25, 5 for 50. Or you could make it so that you can "gift" gold based on quality content similar to reddit. Buying gold for your avatar instead of a server would enable this easily and would provide a positive feedback loop for people posting.

I personally used to love people posting server analysis. I didn't have to be competitive enough in game because I could learn about what was going on in the large alliances/kingdoms even without being in one. And I could get involved in the "politics" drama. I would run a small alliance but use that information to my advantage. But again, that was a different game. If we could get server analysis posted in some way that would be really fun. Even if it were auto-generated data that was only posted on the forum that provided insights into what's going on and stir up drama. I'm not sure what data could help with this but doing this weekly would certainly increase my engagement.

Edit: Another thing that might help is more intertwining the community and game. If you rewarded people for posting certain achievement. For example, if the first person to 2nd village got a pop-up saying that if they celebrated on the forum they would get 5 gold or something. First person with 10 villages, first person with 10k troops, 100k, etc. I know people are secret about army sizes but my point is to get people trash talking more and creating more content based on what's going on in game.

Heya that's not exactly true ;)
    yes you spawned next to us, you asked for a Nap (we don't do Nap or such like) I offered you good advice, but you didn't act on it..... guessing your King was a bit stubborn & that's why you didn't move away?

where you spawn and where you decide to settle can be 2 totally different areas

hehe you're not the only ones allowed to spin. I was personally being stubborn because I was trying an experiment for my start and didn't really care what happened in the end. Just wanted to try that start out and move on. I was stalling because I needed literally 3 more days to see what I wanted before the catapults rolled in. I could've moved but thought I could talk my way into three more days but was wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I was proud of how long I did put it off and got a few BM members on my side.

You made me delete because I spawned too close to your kingdom and tried to grow a small kingdom helping new players learn the game. But that didn't matter even though we weren't a threat. Big fan of newbies you are, as long as they aren't near any BM members.

I'm not an expert. My advice is to build legos early on for robbers and basic defense. Get your second village. Start building EIs and raiding as much as you can. Keep building those while also building out your villages and focusing on getting next village. The game has an exponential nature. So the raiding, troops, and culture points that you earn earlier pay exponential dividends later on. Make sure you have a kingdom where people are helping with defense if you decide to focus on offense.

I wouldn't worry about imps until you start building a hammer. Legos do a good enough job defending+taking care of robbers and EIs are great at raiding if you choose to do that.

Your choice of second village really depends on your activity and goals.

Thanks both of you for the helpful information. I would love to see a guide written on this (cropper and hammer/anvil development) and one on raiding. Both of these are things that seem to be the biggest gap between average or even good players and the top players.

Thanks! I lucked out and my cropper doubled to 150% after the map expansion so I'm trying to learn to take full advantage. I've played 10 years but never with an off cropper cap. I noticed there weren't any guides either so learning on the fly. I started becoming "addicted" to my 15k-20k hourly production and was prioritizing those fields any time troops started getting my production too low so wanted to check if that was the right strategy. Sounds like no, so I'm glad I asked.

When building cropper capitols for large hammers on non-speed, do most people build the wheat fields as high as possible as quickly as they can to take advantage of the really high production? or build them slow as needed which allows for more focus on building troops but limits production for the extremely high cost of fields later?

Basically, level 15, 16, and 17 wheat fields are extremely expensive. It seems like the only way to actually get those built are to take advantage of the high production from having these high level wheat fields without many troops consuming even with modest (rank 15-30) raiding. Then just using this production to queue a ton of troops once the fields are high enough. Is that the most feasible strategy or am I missing something that allows building these fields while also consuming the wheat with troops?