I have a query regarding how items are found and then available in the auction house.
I know that once a new tier is started you get 5(?) items of the same type 'released' at certain times for 1silver.
These aren't sales by players but the game releasing these items for purchase.
I suspect these auto-generated items allow the auction house to have a better understanding of sale/purchase prices.
I also suspect it ensures that even a low-populated server has at least 5(?) of each item on every server.
My query is:
1) Can you find an item before it is 'released' by the game?
2) Or, does someone need to find an item, at which point 5(?) of those items are placed into the auction house?
3) Or, a combination; items are always able to be found, but the game releases 5(?) of each at certain times or when someone finds one.
4) Or, something I haven't considered.
* Just a thought on option 2 - on low population servers, with low adventure numbers, observant players could work out if anyone had a great spy glass by watching the auction house. this would impact on the fake numbers from that player's kingdom versus the expected numbers from those not watching. I guess this could be seen as a way to give a 'bonus' to observant kingdoms if they understood the mechanics.