Tips when starting a new server
Exactly where to resettle can’t be known before spawning and while it can be tempting to have a premade player spawn earlier than the rest to “scout” the map, we the authors haven't found this to be recommended. Instead we recommend all of the premade players to spawn north as soon as possible, preferably everyone spawn the first minute of the server launch. Everyone except the king spawns as governors, and the king spawns as king. Depending on the premade size you can make very devastating blows towards other premade teams early by doing this.
- You want your king to relocate premade players into the kingdom, a player can be relocated multiple times during the current patch; as long as they don’t have more than 1 village and don't belong to a kingdom. When it is time to relocate to the real location, you can simply leave your kingdom by the function of the embassy and then get a new invitation along with the new relocation. With a full kingdom from day 1, the process of sending settlers away could be reduced to 12 and 30 min hours; which is the fastest settling the authors ever managed without building Wood, Clay, Iron fields.
- If premade governors spawn good according to the spawn of the king, it can be wise to duke them and get more of the premade team into these areas.
- If future patches start to prevent multiple relocations, the governors spawning north can start denying tributes to all the kings they spawn in. Most likely some of these kings are future enemies and by denying them tributes while staying in their kingdom borders, you well slow their growth down; especially the first days when the tribute-bonus exist. When the premade is larger than 20 players, this was found to be the most effective strategy. That governors actively asked kings to relocate them to their kingdoms, and then deny tributes.
Hero level and troop consumption are the two variables that have the largest impact on how strong/good Robber camps/hideouts are in the early game. Seeing as Robber camps spawns when the kingdom is 3 days old (at current patch), the main goal of the premade team is to get everyone into the new kingdom area at day 3 and have every hero at high levels.
- The first revival of a hero is very cheap.
- As none of the governors have to rush settlers, it was found that for active players it was more beneficial to specc strength on the heroes and attack nearby oasis killing other players troops or weak animals such as rats. You are guaranteed 1 book of wisdom from the early adventures, so even if you aint a gold user you can respec hero to resources once the first robber camps spawned on day 3.
- Attack oasis nearby will also slow down potential enemies or other players who aim to rush 2nd village, giving your king a better odds of getting the correct fields.
- Without the usage of gold on card-games for resource-bonus or 25% bonus; The hero can die 2 times without losing the required amount of resources to complete the guide above.
- Players with gold could kill their hero 4 times as long as they are below lvl 8.
- Send heroes to attack oasis when they are low on health from clearing Robber hideouts and adventures.
If possible it is quite good to use voice chat or at least some sort of external communication program as the kingdom's administration (king,dukes, off/deff leaders etc.) So that you can discuss potential settling-locations fast. Assign the 15/9c in the area you want to settle in to your members as well as close by Natar villages. It is recommended that the king grabs a weak 15c (but preferably with 2 oasis close by that provides either 50% bonuses or 25/25 % bonuses. This as you will want to station 500 units in the oases asap). Furthermore, it is better that the players assigned to natar villages send their settlers to a field close by the natar, rather than taking a 15/9c and then a natar. This strategy works the best when multiple players can grow stronger than average, rather than having a few active players sitting with all the good fields.
When relocating members, the dukes will have their first villages in the spot where the king will have his 15c. However, we recommend 1 of the dukes to temporarily activate their treasury there as well the first day, seeing as they most likely will have 250+ pop in that village while the king might struggle with reaching 250pop in a 15c the first 24 hours.