Posts by Mackini#US

I think when it comes to the Menhir function you have to look at the purpose it was created for. I believe the whole reason for having it is to allow new players (experienced or not) in a server to find an alliance and relocate to them, if they have joined the server with no pre-formed alliance. I don't think there was any intent for it to allow hammer villages to fly around the map. Because of this, Menhir should be restricted to the start game. Since servers have different speeds and different join restrictions, it's hard to restrict Menhir to a specific day of the server.

It would be better to have Menhir restrictions based on how long each player has been in the server, which sounds familiar. BP was creating with the same intentions, to give new players (specifically brand new to travian) a chance to figure out the game, find a team to join and not get raided right at the start. I think most players today would agree that current BP settings give new players more than enough time to do so. So why should this be different for Menhir relocation?

I don't think there should be a restriction on the number of relocations you can do. It's not uncommon for a King to go inactive in the first few days. Having 2 villages and not being able to relocate is more of the restriction in that case. Although, having something in place to stop the people who take advantage of the quick hideout spawning is necessary. People who really need a new kingdom won't care about a delay in their spawn (related to server speed).

Doing this would also completely eliminate the need for a "mist". There hasn't been a problem with using Menhir relocation close to WW so far in the start of a server, that I know of. This issue has only recently surfaced with people adapting a strategy of flying hammers mid/late game to destroy treasuries/WW's. Also, from what I have heard, this mist only creates lag issues and I don't think 13^2 is really that big of an area to deter anything.

- Restrict Menhir relocation to BP
    - No relocation limit

- Delay hideout spawn after relocation
    - No Mist

There are a couple things I can see it affecting.

1) Amount of overall troops will be reduced
    - delays development of 15c caps
    - lot of troops will be needed to fight / defend NPCs rather than used in kingdom wars

2) Kills the 15c for defenders
    - a defender can no longer get a 15c without relying on offensive kingdom members help
    - defenders have enough issues as it is trying to kill hideouts, let alone adding more NPCs to attack

A different solution could be to not allow Menhir function within a certain distance of a cropper.