Posts by Revolution

Have a travian management team that would really try to fix the game/fix bug.

There's way too many issues with this game.

And the travian team doesn't seem to care to try improving the game.

All they want is to use minimal resources to maintain the game.

If the company is not willing to improve the game, better close the server of travian kingdom.

LIHKG is going to join the coming speed server starting on 30/3.

As some of our core team have already played consecutively for a number of servers, we will have a really long break after the server.

And given the travian kingdom inflat the price with no significant improvements to the game, that also kind of forces us to leave this once a wonderful game.

Hope more teams can join in this coming server and let us have the last fight with you guys!

e)Dukes and kings. Very little choice for defensive nobles here, its teuton and teuton only. First of all, defense bonus of the wall really matters. Second, upgraded paladins make really good farming troops and pay for themselves, where as gaul cavalry does not.

I mean, you'll not try to defend a treasury simply because the king/duke is Teuton right?

I'm not saying Teuton wall is weak. I'm just saying you'll probably defend based on your information to guess where the enemy is attacking, instead of just because the player's tribe.

So if you got info that the enemy is attacking a roman king, you'll still defend him anyway.

And second, from my experience dualing one of the best defense king, he plays Gaul and build TT to raid, and made to top 2/3 robber for almost every week for a very long time.

With King/Duke having the most resources, you'll want them to have the most defensive unit if played as defense. And as you said before, Gaul always generate the most defense/hour.

That's why I think Gaul is the optimal choice for defensive king.

In terms of farming, I think Teuton has the worst farming because of the speed of the troops and the limit of 999 outbound waves each village can send.

So Roman and Gaul can usually farm more because EI and TT can farm quicker, such that they can send more waves within the same period of time.

Thanks for your sharing.

One thing I don't understand though, why would you think playing defensive as kings/dukes would play Teutons as an optimal tribe?

A king can simply build some TT to raid if he wants. And as a king usually have the most resources, he eventually can build a lot of defense to protect members withiin the kingdom

The wall bonus doesn't really matter when you're a king/duke and the kingdom is under attack?

A normal team would just attack most of the treasury village and you won't choose which village to defend based on the tribe, right?

So I personally prefer Gauls to be the choice of defense for king/duke, because king usually have village spread all over the map because of the need to activate treasury in different location.

And Gauls have one of the fastest defending troops, Druidrider, which can reinforce almost everyone within kingdom.

Thanks Unknown for the reply.

I do understand your point of view.

However, I think, at least from the wordings of truce itself, is to hope to let players relax and have a holiday, not to be afraid of being attacked.

There is a lot of way to make the game unpredictable.

However I don't think that is one of the appropriate way bringing this kind of surprise to the game.

It is a pure abuse especially to teams who are good at defense, taking away their ability to try having a nice defense.

I personally think this breaks the balance of the game.

If that is really one way of bringing such a extra dimension, then it better be something that every server have, or something that only appears in a night truce server. For normal server, I don't think it's a good idea to have such a mechanics.

Regarding the implementation of the improvement, I have no idea of how to implement.

But given that the administrator got all the data like the travelling time, the sending time, the landing time, etc.

I think it is doable.

Currently, when truce came, any attack that landed within the period are considered invalid.

However if you send attack within the truce period and land right after the end of the truce, the attack is still considered valid.

This brings huge disadvantages to the defender. As there is nothing you can do to try scouting others attack during truce period, while the attacker can safely send all the attack without being scouted.

Of course you can argue that you can also send attack to the opponent.

However it doesn't seem to be the idea of truce from administrator's perspective.

You're not supposed to gain any advantages with the introduction of truce. It's a period to give you peace.

Therefore I proposed to have an enhancement on the mechanics of truce.

Attack that sent during truce are also considered invalid, no matter the landing time is within truce or not.

This way the attacker cannot take any advantages from the truce. And defenders can do what they can as it is like the normal time.

The game will be more balance(or back to normal) with the introduction of such enhancement.

Yes, there should be a new 3x server in June.

Hi Georgi,

It would be great if there is a new normal speed server in June. The previous two night truce speed server is a huge disadvantage for non-European. That's why i am not joining any of those server. Although i don't have the database, i believe a lot of the non-European speed server player feels the same as me. More than 3 months waiting for a normal speed server is a bit too long.

Really appreciate if there is a chance of having a normal speed server in June. Thank.