Login

Banned player abuse, and an easy solution

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimization. More information.

• Banned player abuse, and an easy solution

There is a way to feed unlimited troops without needing any crop. I have been playing Travian Kingdoms for more than 3 years now, and this is by far the worst abuse that you can think of.

The way it works, you make an account get reported and get banned for an arbitrary reason such as multi acounting or swearing. And you send troops to any of their villages before they are banned. When the account is banned these things happen:

1. They can no longer receive attacks or reinforcements after they are banned. This makes the troops you sent invincible
      2. Troop starvation is disabled. Meaning the reinforcements in the villages will freely get fed.

Moderators say that an account doesn't stay banned for long, either deleted or the ban is lifted very soon, but this does not fix the problem. I have seen banned accounts stay banned for several weeks or even months. And even the ban were to lifted in a day, feeding troops freely for even a day can be considerably helpful for the abuser.

Here is an easy fix for this, make the banned account similar to a natarian village or an oasis with animals present, where any reinforcement arriving will be sent back immediately.

Please fix this. although very few people knows this, This is a game breaking adventage without any repercussions.
      Libasinho / Glorfindel / Twinblade

The post was edited 1 time, last by Libasinho ().

• When you are silent on an issue for 3 years you are complicit in it devs.

The abuses from being banned and it being a good thing for the person being banned has been a revolving issue and just about nothing has been changed for this entire time.
      -Invincible treasuries.
      -Gaining far more resources from multis then when punishments imposed.
      -Securing multiple 15c/9c with just 1 player.

You have to make punishments that hurt the player more than the cheating action gains.

Sadly, we all know it and this is hardly a new topic at all.
      Professional Irritant & Memer [BM]TM
    • Yep, a "tactical" ban has been a thing for a long time. Your WW has no def and is at lvl 90, expecting enemies to siege it soon -> call someone names and get a temp ban to not get attacked. Same goes for big treasury holders.

Worst part about these is the fact that only the account owner knows what they got banned for and is it possible to even get unbanned. If enemies have 2 WWs and one of them is banned, should we hit just one? It is probably stacked with all of the defence since the other one is invincible. Should we hold on incase the other one gets unbanned? What if it never happens? A lot of the times you get unbanned by just telling the admins "oh no i did not mean to be rude, i will apologize now!", and you can basically choose when is it the best time to get unbanned.

There is so many flaws that could be easily fixed, multiaccounting/farmbotting would also be less appealing if the admins would start to permban the lobby-accounts if caught. Of course this would lead to mostly 0-prestige accounts to cheat, and nobody would recruit them to a kingdom (thus preventing a lot of noobies from joining good kingdoms too).

IMHO there should only be perm lobby bans, server bans or temporary mutes as punishment. If someone gets banned they should not be let back in the round, even if they get some small pop punish or army killed, everything should be gone if they have cheated.
      Welcome to shrug discord ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • I have been banned for calling names.The admin -speaking the same language as the attackers- banned me just after 20x waves have been launched on me so i couldn't defend/snipe.Actually i was online and saw the waves launched and the ban a few seconds later lol.

Subsequently he unbanned my account(but left me unable to write messages for the rest of the server) when i was sleeping so i got another round of 20x+ attacks in and my account trashed.Without me opening any ticket/any conversation with the MH.

Dreaming of transparency or fair treatment is just that..a dream.The admins do interfere and take sides or simply abuse for fun(after all they are not paid so the power feel is all they get).

In this case the OP brought up some people are allowed to use the banning benefits and some people are not.Fairness is not gonna happen-you just gotta be lucky and hope you won't be abused(by the admins or their friends).
    • I have been banned for calling names.The admin -speaking the same language as the attackers- banned me just after 20x waves have been launched on me so i couldn't defend/snipe.Actually i was online and saw the waves launched and the ban a few seconds later lol.

Subsequently he unbanned my account(but left me unable to write messages for the rest of the server) when i was sleeping so i got another round of 20x+ attacks in and my account trashed.Without me opening any ticket/any conversation with the MH.

Dreaming of transparency or fair treatment is just that..a dream.The admins do interfere and take sides or simply abuse for fun(after all they are not paid so the power feel is all they get).

In this case the OP brought up some people are allowed to use the banning benefits and some people are not.Fairness is not gonna happen-you just gotta be lucky and hope you won't be abused(by the admins or their friends).
      Yeah Accord we aren't here to discuss how trash that break rules and get banned are "unfairly treated". What a joke this post is.
    • To accords credit I'm not quite sure why they even hand out full bans for some light insults.

Ironically that is behind at least some of the abuse of the ban system because you can basically get "banned at will" by just swearing to a friend and having them to report you while also getting out of the ban "at your leisure" (both times subject to admins responding so like +24h or so) since you probably won't get your buildings reduced or army killed just for swearing. This makes it very convenient when you want to abuse the system as you don't actually have to do anything that would also damage your account to get resolved.
      I think a chat ban is much more appropriate especially for light or first time offenders. If you go full third reich on someone then maybe you can get a legit ban but that should be more like the exception than the rule.
    • Renuo#EN wrote:

I have been banned for calling names.The admin -speaking the same language as the attackers- banned me just after 20x waves have been launched on me so i couldn't defend/snipe.Actually i was online and saw the waves launched and the ban a few seconds later lol.

Yeah Accord we aren't here to discuss how trash that break rules and get banned are "unfairly treated". What a joke this post is.
      1) You are breaking a rule right there,by insulting me.You won't get punished but of course you won't mind the unfair treatment.
      Like i said,some people get away with pretty much anything while others get abused just for fun sometimes. I've got a forum ban for having a ''negative attitude'' -no insults/swearing at all.

2)Now it's me being abused and it's all cool.One day it might be you or your friends but by then it will be common practice and nobody will care or feel something is wrong.I didn't mind being punished it's the way it was handled that was unfair.
      And yes,the people that couldn't handle me in game took credit for it and boasted about having the admin in their pocket.

3)Even the OP mentions that some people are staying banned for weeks/months on end while others are being unbanned very fast.You are so blind in your hate you just don't realize it.Unfairness and abuse is widespread and calling it out is not a joke by any means.

I don't believe any player should have their account trashed(by coordinated banning/unbanning) over an insult.-my case

I don't think it's fair that some players can get unlimited crop via banning abuse for weeks/months while others can't.-OP's case

I don't believe banning at will should happen-Curtain's case

I don't believe people should insult others in the forum and get away with it-Renuo's case
    • Yeah I'm not going to have sympathy for a player with your record AT ALL. Come in here with crocodile tears about how you got what you deserved is a huge laugh. Finally one time where they got it right.

You weren't using a ban for an advantage which is the actual problem being discussed. The OP is specifically talking about using it to their advantage not airing some make-believe grievance.

Your revisionist history has been pretty wild before so you'll have to accept not being taken seriously about "being done in on purpose by Travian staff".
    • 1) You are breaking a rule right there,by insulting me.You won't get punished but of course you won't mind the unfair treatment.Like i said,some people get away with pretty much anything while others get abused just for fun sometimes. I've got a forum ban for having a ''negative attitude'' -no insults/swearing at all.
      I'm talking broadly about cheaters, which I assume you would put yourself into that category if you feel so insulted by what I said.
    • Hello @Libasinho thank you again for sharing your experience and suggestion solutions. We already know that players exploit our bans and they have to face consequences. We do not share information about individual bans because of the personal rights of the people that got banned. That is why it is hard for us to proof that we actually do something against it.

It does help us when players report this kind of behaviour, even if it is just a suspicion.

No punishment system is perfect and we are open for any suggestions. We will discuss the suggestions brought up here within our team. Please understand, that we are not sharing all too many details about it here.
    • BridgetB wrote:

Hello @Lylai

thank for returning this discussion to the actual topic. Yes, we do care about this and we have already taken actions to prevent this behaviour. We will do even more in the future.

Thank you all for caring about a fair game and sharing your concerns. We appreciate this.
      The way I see it, either you find an automated solution as I suggested, or multihunters check every single banned account before they decide to ban them. I don't see any other action to prevent this COMPLETELY (which is the point, or you should allow it for everyone. It SHOULD NOT be about luck )

BridgetB wrote:

It does help us when players report this kind of behaviour, even if it is just a suspicion.

Do we need to check the whole map every day for banned accounts and report them? How would that help? Any account can be used for this abuse without any suspicion.
      Libasinho / Glorfindel / Twinblade