Login

a certain limit for the number of players in the kingdom

By using our site, you accept the use of cookies to make your visit more pleasant, to offer you advertisements and contents tailored to your interests, to allow you to share content on social networks, and to create visit statistics for website optimization. More information.

• a certain limit for the number of players in the kingdom

I suggest 8)

that there be a certain limit for the number of players in the kingdom
      50 player before the Kingdoms Union and 100 after or less than that also
      Because pre-made kingdoms make the game so miserable that you will not be able to win if you do not have a very large team
      There are kingdoms such as (DOOM/EGOTRIP , BM , ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , .............) has a number of players over 200 who control the server from the first weeks until
      the end of the server
      Unfortunately, they do not enter the same server to face each other :thumbdown:
      That might bother the players who play in huge pre-made kingdoms :P
      But
      it will also be good for them because it will force them to expel the
      weak players and they will gain more farms and villages to conquer it :rolleyes:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Suleiman ().

• As I recall, in Travian Classic there was a certain limit to the number of players in the alliance
      Forcing alliance to form sub-alliances

The smaller players are transferred to it as penalty for default
      It means you can establish sub-kingdoms
      BM main
      BM1-BM2-...........-BM98754878 :D
      but at least only 100member will take the medals
    • Suleiman wrote:

As I recall, in Travian Classic there was a certain limit to the number of players in the alliance
      Forcing alliance to form sub-alliances

The smaller players are transferred to it as penalty for default
      It means you can establish sub-kingdoms
      BM main
      BM1-BM2-...........-BM98754878 :D
      but at least only 100member will take the medals
      You kinda answered your own problem.
      You can't stop people from teaming up even if you stop them from joining under the same name.
      Many of us might recall one infamous server with TONKA1 -> TONKA∞... I'd agree that was a bit cancerous.
      Having said that, top gov numbers rarely win this game, always down to quality of players and having enough of them.

Pointing at groups of players and blaming them for playing together in a coordinated fashion is just plain dumb. That is the main draw-card of Travian since first release.
      It is only in these dying days do you see threads asking for it to somehow vanish (which is a laugh).

The real problem is dilution of quality players/teams and there is only one solution - less servers.
      There is not enough competition or players around for the amount of servers there is.

The other elephant in the room is players are walking away from the game.
      Professional Irritant & Memer [BM]TM
    • Renuo#EN wrote:

Pointing at groups of players and blaming them for playing together in a coordinated fashion is just plain dumb. That is the main draw-card of Travian since first release.
      It is only in these dying days do you see threads asking for it to somehow vanish (which is a laugh).
      I am not pointing at any group
      Actualy I am playing with EGOTRIP in com1x3
      they are very organized big kingdom with 110 players
      but we will win that server very easy
      the small kingdoms start attacking each other and left us alone XD
      I suggest some thing like that as you said to make more competition
      with more kingdoms the organization and the calls for deff will be more difficult and less VPs , treasures
      and that maybe will give a chance for the small kingdom to take a part
    • how about 50 players at Union? you've said yourself that 100 players are too stronk for a server, so why not reduce it to an amount that gives everyone a fairer chance

Suleiman wrote:

I am not pointing at any group
      you did though, you named us as a large group (we refute that) premades are not the problem, they are just the new target now meta's aren't having the effect they used to (due to system changes that were introduced)

Suleiman wrote:

(DOOM/EGOTRIP , BM , ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , .............) has a number of players over 200
      BM never even had 100 players & have won on the new Unions system with around 50 players each time
      BM Independent Unbeaten Kingdom
    • Jak wrote:

BM never even had 100 players & have won on the new Unions system with around 50 players each time
      you were more than 100 players in com5 when we took 2nd and finished the wonder
      we = Underdogs :love:
      and we were only 50-60 players and not pre-made team

Renuo#EN wrote:

There is not enough competition or players around for the amount of servers there is.
      If you really want to compete
      All the pre-made kingdoms I mentioned earlier should communicate and enter together in the same server
      Then I'll be happy to play with one of you really

The post was edited 1 time, last by Suleiman ().

• Suleiman wrote:

Jak wrote:

you were more than 100 players in com5 when we took 2nd and finished the wonderwe = Underdogs :love:
      and we were only 50-60 players and not pre-made team
      Think you need to go check out your com5 stats. My post was correct
      If you want talk about com5 it was pretty much BM v TheServer (how else would those attack/def points have happened for us?)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jak ().

• Kingdoms - Statistics: Overview on com5.kingdoms.com - Getter-Tools
      (maybe try here)

Thanks for digging that out though, your WW reached 100 because we had no need to attack it to win the server ;)

#1Gaius (BM player) 1,236,411 attack points
      #1Lylai (BM player) 1,022,455 defense points
      (the server was pretty average until the last month)
    • we only defend ourselves, if others played the game as we do, then kingdoms would be a lot richer for it
      we had 19 players that deleted (of which 2 started the server with us)

so we are around 50 players, we have no Naps, No confeds, secret allies etc also no merges, trying to take over other kingdoms etc or start using more Kings and random wings of our extended kingdom (we have no interest in being the biggest mass out there)
      we fight all equally and we don't try to hide where we are, if we land on a server we announce it, we cannot be blamed for others not having guts to take us on (we'd love for that to happen too, we take no pride in fighting weaker teams)

a server seems to peak at 3k players now & soon dwindles to around half that amount. so 1.5k players and you now think 50 is too many?
    • Hahaha Suleiman, you dont know nothing about the DOOM so Please stop talking about doom, Let me share some screens with you to open your mind and eyes.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Doom was 3rd in population and members,

Screenshot by Lightshot
      Screenshot by Lightshot

and we won the server against 2 big metas, now stop talking about Doom. yes we are a pre-made team and we have the best players but we are against the meta too. Now you are in egotrip and egotrip is fighting against LOTR, Isengard, EMC and PIgs do some calculation and tell me how many players are against egotrip. they alll are allied.
    • Team member limits don't actually work, the guys who want more members will just create wings, if anything I think member limits hurt the small guys by preventing them from naturally getting as big as the evildoers who abuse wings.

If you want to limit the size of kingdoms you have to do it by changing mechanics in a way that doesn't prevent large kingdoms but rather that makes smaller kingdoms have an edge.
      Right now there are lot of mechanics that support who ever is biggest, for example treasures are generated by govs -> who ever has the most govs generates most treasure -> bigger is better
      What you want to do is create anti snowball mechanics instead where small kingdoms get bigger benefits